This end of terrace townhouse was originally built in 1840 and had undergone years of alteration and latterly lack of maintenance and neglect before being purchased as a private dwelling.
The front elevation in particular had fared badly from water ingress. Much of the decorative stonework had spalled and timbers rotted while the flatwork of stucco on timber laths was mostly beyond local repair.
Once scaffold was erected a detailed assessment of the fabric was undertaken and a comprehensive restoration programme commenced.
Stainless steel lathing replaced the timber laths prior to semi-dry rendering with lime mortar. The front bay was remade. New stone elements were cast to replace those beyond repair.
Windows were faithfully copied and replaced while structurally the flank wall was tied back to the internal structure.
The final external decoration was made with Keim mineral paint restoring the property to its former glory.
The before and after slider gives an idea of the work undertaken.